3.01.2010

Answered prayer for curly hair






Dawson faked us out with this head of hair
I have a thing for curly hair. I always assumed I'd wind up with at least one curly-haired kid, curls run in the family on both sides so chances were good. My mom hates her curly hair, she thinks it's unruly and unpredictable but I love it and am secretly (not so secretly now) jealous of people with naturally curly hair. Mine is annoyingly in between - not curly, but not straight, just enough of each to make it boring. So as each baby came I waited to see... Ella has perfect hair, light blonde, thick and silky straight. No problem, we've got time and she'll be a happy girl with that hair. Next up: Dawson, he actually had a head of wavy, black hair when he was born. The nurse even commented on how curly his hair was. Score! Well that obviously didn't pan out, now it's blonde and straight. So all we had left were the twins, all hope was riding on these two. They came out the usual way, peach fuzz, no way to tell. But, it looks as if I may have finally gotten my wish! Charlie's hair is getting curlier and curlier, especially when it's wet. I can't even make the classic faux-hawk in the tub when I get him all lathered up with shampoo, it just collapses into one giant curl going down the center of his head. I tried to get some good shots of his curls so I have proof, just in case those sweet curls break my heart and leave.

2 comments:

katy said...

Yeah for curls! Pretty cute I must say!

Kelli said...

It's crazy how much our kids' hair has changed! Born with dark brown, now it's blonde, was curly, now straight. I love little locks of curls! I miss miss miss Olivia's blonde hair, and spiral curls so much, it almost hurts. Can't wait to see if Charlie keeps his little swirls =)