3.17.2010

Kiss Me, I'm Italian

Okay so maybe that isn't how the saying goes, but I want a kiss toooo. And besides, the Irish and Italians are a lot alike, they both love to eat (and drink from what I've seen), love to talk, and they love and fight passionately. I love St. Patrick's Day because I'm allowed to use my Irish accent all day, and river dance whenever I want to. When I worked at St. Al's, the teacher I worked with used to have a celtic CD that she'd play for the kids in March, and I used to just break out into a good jig when I felt like it. She'd laugh so hard she'd practically wet her pants. What's not to love about that? Amazing we're still friends after she spent 6 years in the same room with me day in and day out. So besides the jigging and the "top o' the mornin' to ya" there's also green punch, which in and of itself is worthy of a holiday. Years ago Todd and I were out to lunch with my sister and his brother (who are married) on St. Patrick's Day, and Todd said I wasn't wearing green. I told him my eyes are green, so there. And he said it doesn't count if it's a body part, you have to wear green, and then he proceeded to pinch me. We started dating 2 months after that, hmmm....Maybe a good pinch is all a girl needs.

May the road rise up to meet you
May the wind always be at your back
May the sun shine warm upon your face
And rains fall soft upon your fields
And until we meet again, may God hold you in the palm of His hand

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the irish blessing is one of my favorite sayings ever written. i have it hanging in my laundry room. it's beautiful!

Marci said...

Top O' the mornin' to ye too sweet lassie