3.15.2010

Floats in the Fort!



Ella had most of the week off of school for mid-winter break (what is mid-winter break supposed to mean anyway? Spring break is in 2 weeks, and we had winter break in Jan, how many breaks does a season need?) so we were foot loose and fancy free. I made rootbeer floats and set up the fort so we could have a little treat in our special hide-out. When I brought the floats in I saw that they had gotten out the doctor kit and Woody, not sure what was about to take place but I have a feeling Woody was about to find out. Ella wanted to have a sleep-out in the fort that night, but she had a cold so I wanted her to get good sleep in her own bed. But Friday she was back to her spunky, virus-free self, so Todd made up a little bed for her under the table and got her all settled in. Now I was prepared for a battle, I figured there was no way this kid was going to fall asleep before midnight, so I gave her the lecture, with my eybrows raised and head cocked to the side, the whole nine yards - "if you get up or call out for us you'll have to go to your own bed" and "Dad and I are staying up so if you can't fall asleep you aren't going to be able to do this." Well, she surprised us and did great! I felt so bad for her though because she was in the dining room off the kitchen, and every time I got into the fridge to get a snack, or when the timer went off for the cookies, er, I mean, when I cut up apple slices and carrot sticks, I felt terrible! That is like Chinese torture! So I kept sneaking into her little tent and bringing her contraband snack items. Can't wait for warmer weather so we can have a real camp-out, bugs and all!

1 comment:

Marci said...

I can see that you still carry a grudge!! Dad and I are ever so sorry for the pain we have caused you.....BUT, we sure enjoyed our popcorn and sodas....oh and the candy bars.....and the 31 Flavors...lol:)