
It took me a while to get to this Mother's Day Tea post, I've been too lazy to download the video. But one of the songs the kids sang for us Mommies was so stinkin' adorable I wanted to put a clip of it here. The Tea Party was really special, I know the teachers and kids put in a lot of hard work memorizing songs, baking treats, making gifts, and setting up the cafeteria with beautiful decorations and yummy food. One of the Moms even offered to take pictures of us with our munchkins, which was so sweet. It was extra special for me because Ella was chosen to recite a poem. About a month before, a note came home saying that 1st graders on up are required to do an oral recital during the school year, but it was optional for kindergarteners. Knowing that it would be a little extra work for me I pretty much decided to bag it, we'll
have to next year so why not enjoy our freedom while it lasts? But Ella heard about it and wanted to memorize something. I chose a poem that meant a lot to me, one of my Mom's dearest friends, Nancy, wrote this for me for my 16th birthday and made it into a beautiful painting. It's kinda long and since I'd twiddled my thumbs for a few weeks, Ella didn't have much time to prepare. The kids were supposed to recite for their classes and then winners were chosen and Ella won!! I was so proud of her. So at the Tea, she did a
PERFECT job reciting...
"When He formed you in the secret place He saw a treasure there,
He fashioned hands of grace and strength, to touch and heal, to love and care.
He formed your heart and made it yearn for wisdom, truth and understanding,
He made your eyes to see His glory and ears to hear His calling.
Be not decieved by charm and beauty, seek Jesus the Maker all of your days,
For a woman who fears the holy Lord shall forevermore be praised."
The song on the video is called "I am a Promise" and is seriously the cutest thing I've ever heard in my life. Here are some of the words:
"I am a promise, I am a possibility.
I am a promise, with a capital P.
I am a great big bundle of potentiality.
And I am learning to hear God's voice, and I am trying to make the right choice.
I am a promise to be anything God wants me to be."

Sorry it's kinda blurry, something was up with the auto-focus on my camera. It's a short clip, but the blog site won't upload the longer (and clearer) video. Oh, and don't forget to pause the music at the bottom of my blog first!
No comments:
Post a Comment