6.26.2010

Happy Birthday 2 You!!

Here are some fun pictures of our ONEderful babies on their bIrThDaY. Their special day was on Monday, so their party was scheduled for Saturday, but we always celebrate the kids' real BiRtHdAyS. Especially the highly anticipated (dreaded if you're the Mommy) 1st birthdays! The deal around here for your real birthday is that you get to pick your favorite things to eat for each meal, and then we do a bIrThDaY dessert. I made waffles, sausage and eggs for breakfast, bean and cheese burritos with fresh blueberries for lunch, and then "cwock-pot speeghetti" (as Dawson calls it) for dinner. All of their current faves. I made them a cake, clearly I need to keep my day job. I love baking, but I suck at decorating cakes and needed Siri in a bad way. But they didn't seem to care. It was their first real treat, so it was fun watching their reaction to something so sweet. I always hold off on giving our little ones sugar as long as possible. I figure it's best if they don't know what they're missing, no need to fill their little growing bodies with junk. Besides, if they don't eat any of the treats around here there's more for me. They were so darn cute with this cake that the Mamarazzi in me got a little out of hand with the pictures. They didn't know what to make of it at first, but they figured it out pretty quickly. Mitchy gagged the first time he put some into his mouth, and I think they wore a lot more than they ate. Charlie thought it was just too much fun trying to rip Mitch's party hat right off of his head. Mitch kept putting his fingers in Charlie's mouth and Charlie would suck the frosting off of his fingers, it was so precious. I got a bucket of warm water ready ahead of time so I could start the preliminary de-icing process when they were done, and Dawson was so annoyed that the twins were having cake and he wasn't that he didn't notice the bucket and he backed right into it, fell in and completely soaked himself. I tried so hard not to laugh, but I couldn't help it. Served him right, little green monster. You can see in the picture of all of the kids just how thrilled Dawson was with this whole scenario. If there were a reader board displaying his thoughts on the matter, I think it would say something like this..."you've got to be kidding me! I used to be the baby around here, the prince, and then my Mom goes and has not just one, but TWO new babies. And these horrible creatures that have utterly ruined my life and dethroned me from my rightful place as the baby of the family, are actually being celebrated? How dare they give them cake? That's it...." To Dawson that is the ultimate betrayal - all of us were gushing over the twins AND we gave them a treat. Ella was enjoying their little celebration and apparently she's turning into a smaller version of me - she has been saying for weeks (while stroking their hair or cheeks) "why are my babies growing up? You're supposed to stay babies forever." Dawson will block out this painful experience no doubt, but I will cherish this memory and these pictures forever. Uhhh, my heart is aching just trying to wrap my mind around it - they are 1... They aren't really babies anymore, it kills me. But having these boys is proof positive that you can have your cake and eat it too. Life is SwEeT.










































No comments: