6.12.2010

Housebroken







Dawson did it, he's housebroken!! I am SO proud of him, he has been amazing. I was a bit (okay, a lot) concerned about this guy potty training. I've tried to start the process twice and it was very clear he wasn't ready, or maybe he wasn't willing is a better way of putting it. But to be honest I wasn't sure which it was. So we hit the point of no return, he's almost 3 1/2 and surely capable of going in the big potty, right? Especially since he's been tinkling at will since 2. So I pulled out the Diego and Woody undies, again, and gave it another shot. First 30 minutes - accident, not good. Then....only one accident since, including nigh-night time!! Zip, zilch, zero! Ella was the same way so clearly I'm not the one potty-training these kids, they practically do it themselves! We had a "potty PaRtY" complete with cupcakes that Dawson helped me bake and frost, a congrats balloon and a certificate of awesomeness:) Oh, and one of Todd's pickle notes. It was kind of ironic that the only accident Dawson has had since the first day was while he was eating his congratulatory cupcake, he was so excited he peed his pants, which I thought was hilarious. Good job Buddy, you now have entrance into a super-exclusive group - those that pee on trees. And he's definitely made good use of his membership already.

No comments: