8.30.2010

Heck on Wheels


Ella had a big week! On my birthday she learned to ride her bike nix the training wheels, and...she had her 1st sleep-over! Two major milestones on the road to big-girlhood. I was impressed with her taking off on her bike so easily since we were doing it in our back yard over the bumps, and rocks, and turns, and grass... and with rogue babies milling about. She did crash the next day and got some pretty awesome road rash on her forearm. I bandaged her up (and Dawson, he wanted to partake in the gauze and medical tape experience) and off she went again. A few days later she spent the night at cousin Gabe's house and had a bLaSt. She was really worried a couple of nights before and started crying, asking if I could call Aunt Suzanne and cancel the slumber party. I told her it was no problem to just do a play date instead, but she was brave and wound up making it through the night. I packed her little backpack up with all of her comfort items: pillow - check, silky blanket - check, Baby Moose - check. She called at about 9:30 pm to tell me they were watching "Peter Pan" in bed and that she'd found my love note. It was strange not having her here, just preparation for when she breaks my heart this week and goes to school ALL day.

No comments: