8.19.2010

Spring Chick? I think not.

I love big-girl birthdays, they're so much more fun! It was about 2 pm on my birthday when the kids finally heard that it was my special day. Ella said "no it's not your birthday Mom. You're friends aren't here, there aren't balloons, or a cake..." True, but I get to celebrate my birthday little by little for 2 weeks, so there. Todd and I went to dinner with the kids on my "real" birthday, Friday night Mom came into town and joined me and Steph for dinner, and we got a bit silly with the camera:) Some guy saw us trying to take a picture of ourselves - you know the ones, trying to get the person with the longest arm to get a shot without cutting anyone's face out. So he came up to us and offered to take our picture, which I thought was sweet. We had fun chatting, pigging out, and goofing off. Saturday I got to go out with some of my dearest girls, and next week I'm going to Farm Chicks and Eat, Pray, Love with Steph! Even though I'm only 21, my birthday reminds me how blessed I am to have such amazing family and friends. Thank you for making me feel special! Oh, and this first picture is a perfect example of why I don't drink. This is me after a Coke, yikes.

2 comments:

Tabitha said...

you look DArLiNg!!
Happy Birthday!

Marci said...

It was fun, wasn't it?? And I quite agree.....no drinking for YOU!