8.08.2010
While Daddy's Away the Rufflings Play
The kids and I visited my parents for the weekend while Todd was away, and the kids had fun tearing up the joint. Ella had a blast swimming and they all had fun playing with Ninny and Papa. I went through my Mom's tins of antique buttons so I could pick some cute vintage ones to use when I make Ella's new barettes for school. My parents only have one high chair so the boys had to take turns going 1st at meal time. The poor soul that had to wait wound up stealing half of the other one's food by sneaking from behind, it was hilarious (to me anyway). My Mom followed me home so she could help out while Todd was gone because she's stinkin awesome. I got the old Barbies out (they were my Moms and her sisters when they were little, then they were passed to me and Stephy) and we had fun reminiscing and showing Ella all of the old clothes and dolls. My Great Grandma made a lot of the clothes, it's amazing the time and detail she put into the sweet little outfits. Steph and I never had "new" Barbies, just these hand-me-downs, which I think is special. And now I get to watch Ella play with them! It was fun spending the week together and made the time without Todd go by a lot faster. Thanks Mom!


Sidewalk chalk under the new covered porch. Good job, Dad!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Barettes made from vintage buttons? How sweet!
your mom is so sweet! i love all the retro barbie stuff, too cute. i agree with tabitha about the vintage buttons, very cute!
Post a Comment