8.19.2010

kaboom

I have a keen sniffer and I am sort of obsessed with making things smell good. Not that many people enjoy stinky things, but you get my drift. I'm the crazy lady in the store that is unscrewing the caps on shampoo bottles, lotion, body wash, laundry soap...If it doesn't pass the sniff test then it's a no-go. One category of products that I've never really given the official sniff test to: cleaning products. I mean come on, how good can the stuff smell? Other than dish soap, I've never tried my smeller out on them before I buy. I've found what works through trial and error and I just throw it in my cart. But one cleaner gets my "smell good seal of approval" - Kaboom. It's this purple foam bathroom cleaner and I love it. It's a little strong while you're actually using it (not in the chemical lung burn way) but it leaves the bathroom smelling fresh as a daisy for an entire day. And who wouldn't want to use a cleaning product that works great, smells good and has the added pizzaz of being an onamatopoeia. Finally the world makes sense again, cleaning stuff is supposed to de-stinkify, so it should smell better than the original stink, right? Oh, and Method brand makes a great natural daily shower spray. It's made with ylang-ylang, not that I have a clue what that is. I just know it smells fresh and good and I'm hoping that weird ingredient is the reason why. And please tell me I'm not the only one that puts my nose into clean laundry, my kids' hair, my husband's t-shirts and pillow, my babies' mouths to sniff up their buttermilk breath...

2 comments:

Tabitha said...

ok, so I Love that you posted this because I'm currently on the lookout for good shower cleaner. They're alway so harsh and I can never breath. How perfect! I will have to give it a try.
Oh, and I'm also on the lookout for yummy fabric softener. Any suggestions? ;)

LAURA said...

I am a Downy girl, kinda old school but still one of the best clean laundry smells in my opinion and works good with the laundry soap so you can smell both:) They have some scented ones like lavendar etc too. Depending on Dawson's skin I have to buy the boring "all free" stuff, but otherwise that's my pick!