3.06.2011

Mr. Bad Behavior


All 3 of the boys have been naughty the past couple of weeks. They've got cabin fever burning in their brains, and it's getting ugly around here. As soon as they finish breakfast they go to the coat closet and drag their boots out and bring them to the back door. I take them outside almost every day, which is no small feat with all those mittens, hats, boots, snowpants, jackets...But it's just not cutting it. They need to run and jump and get dirty and discover - well I guess they have the dirty part covered. But waddling around in padded suits isn't burning any energy, so they are finding new, creative ways to burn it off. Like putting my make-up brushes in the toilet, crushing crackers into the carpet, dumping folded loads of laundry and scattering it all over the house, shredding toilet paper and tissues, pulling wipes out of the containers, coloring on the table, eating play dough, climbing on the table and spilling drinks, or picking my orchid blooms, climbing things to reach Ella's music on the piano and ripping it... The list goes on and on. The scariest part is that all the above happens when I'm right there with them. I'm far from an unattentive Mom, but it all happens so fast! In 10 seconds they can create messes that take an hour to recover from. My arms are just too short, I run just a little too slow, they are just a bit too naughty. They're lucky they're so cute or I'd put them on Craig's List.

1 comment:

Marci said...

If you do......I will buy them!!
The boys are too cute!! Give them a kiss from Ninny