3.30.2011

New Beginnings

I've been decorating the house for Easter the past couple of days, and took a few pictures of some of my favorites. I love this time of year, and most of my decorations are reminders of why I love it so much ~ birds, eggs, bUtTerFliEs, flowers, they all make me think of rebirth, renewal, new beginnings, fresh starts. Easter is so central to the Christian faith, and rebirth is what it's all about. I love that I can have a fresh start, every day, because of what Jesus did for me.

 {This half-emerged chick is one of my favorite Easter decorations. My sis got it for me ages ago when I got my LPN license since I was half way "out" (of school), just like this little chick}

2 comments:

Stephenie said...

The scale and the copper mold holding the birdie nest is absolutely adorable!

Dawn said...

Good for you, Laura. You know, that I am working so that we can go on a Disney cruise and then Disneyworld, right?

Speaking of working, I have to go to WA and OR in June and the whole family is coming. We plan to stop in Spokane - we need to chat and make some plans.

Love you!