
The kids and I spent almost a week at my parent's house while Todd was away on business. It was fun to watch the kids get spoiled, and I was so grateful for the company to keep me sane. Ella rode on the back hoe with Papa, took bubble baths in Ninny's tub - shower cap and all, and of course ate refined sugar to her heart's content. Dawson had fun rough-housing with Papa, chasing Cole around the house, and watching all the equipment at the church's construction site. Aside from Ella's little run in with the scissors, it was perfect. After having them all the way in Colorado for a decade, I'm so thankful that they are only 3 hours away now. I can't imagine my kids growing up without them. The only problem is the inevitable re-training process that has to occur after we return home. But I wouldn't have it any other way, Grandparents are supposed to do what they couldn't do as parents - spoil them rotten. If your kids turn out to be little brats you have to live with them, but if your grandkids are little brats, you can just send them home in a sugar induced coma. Thanks Mom and Dad, you were amazing parents but I think you found your true calling as Ninny and Papa.

1 comment:
The pleasure is all ours!!
Post a Comment