


Ella and I are perfect examples of the iron sharpens iron analogy. Together we make sparks fly, sometimes the result is colorful fireworks - the good kind of sparks - other times someone gets burned. She is a lot like I was growing up. She's rough and tumble, passionate, strong-headed and full of energy and affection. I always tease that's she's my boy and Dawson is my girl. She definitely breaks the mold of a stereotypical little girl. I love Ella, she is a free spirit. Her presence in my life has been one of the biggest blessings I'll ever know. She challenges me to be the kind of Mom I've always wanted to be. She brings out the best and the worst in me, and I think I've learned more from her than she will ever learn from me. Being her Mom has made me take a hard look at myself, at who I am and who I am hoping to be. She exhausts my patience and depletes my energy daily, and I have no doubt that she has spoken more words in her 4 years than the typical human speaks in a lifetime. She is loud, obnoxious, wild, stubborn, insanely social, adventurous, and deliciously naughty. Our job is to make those things work for her instead of landing her in Juvenile Hall. But the sweetest heart resides inside that streaking shadow that whips through this house. I love that she climbs trees, that she picks up HUGE beetles and calls them "little sweetie." It doesn't take much to make her happy, a V8 and a bag of chips and she's on cloud 9. I know that every person on the planet is unique, but Ella really is one-of-a-kind. She has a way of drawing people in, and once she's got ya, you're forever hers.Ella, you are my joy.
No comments:
Post a Comment