



Happy Mother's Day to all you Mommies! I love being a Mom, it is the one consistent thing I have dreamed of since I was a little girl. It has brought me indescribable joy - and I've also spent a lot more time crying in the past few years than I'd like to admit. It is truly the most unconditional love on the planet. The kids can have me in absolute shambles by the end of the day, but after they've been in bed for just an hour I am craving them again. I've been known to sneak into their rooms and either lay beside Ella or gently lift Dawson out of his crib and into my arms. It will probably freak Aaron out to hear this, but when he was younger, sometimes I would kneel by his bed and pray over him as he slept. I feel lucky to have been able to experience Mommyhood in different ways, first as a bonus Mom to Aaron, then adopting Ella, then giving birth to Dawson. It's a privilege to have these amazing people to share my life with. Todd is so sweet and has been offering all day to help out and give me a break, but the truth is I want to be with my kids today. After all, I wouldn't have anything to celebrate today if it weren't for them. I've been a nurse, a Pre-K teacher, a barista, but being a Mom is the hardest job in the world. The pay is terrible, the hours are impossible, the work is draining, but the benefits are PRICELESS.
And a little note to my Mom. . . I love you Mom. Anything good and noble I do as a Mom and wife is because I saw it in you first. Thanks for showing me that it's okay to be passionate about being at home taking care of a family.
1 comment:
It was and always has been my pleasure and great joy to have been yours and Steph's mommy. God has blessed me beyond measure with the two of you. I love watching the two of you be mommies and nothing in this world brings me greater joy than all 6 of my sweet grand babies. Thank you for giving them to me!!
Post a Comment