5.29.2008
Up-Chuck E Cheese
My poor sweet Ella . . . today was supposed to be her special day. It was the end of the year bash at Chuck E Cheese, AKA (thanks to my bro-in-law Dave) Charles E Cheddar, with all of her pre-school friends and the teachers that she has grown to love. We got all ready, drove into town, and when I got her out of the car it became apparent very quickly that she had the tummy flu. Bless her heart, she is so energetic, spirited and full of life - she just lives for things like this. So by the time we got back in the car and on the road to home, we were both in tears. It amazes me how deeply I feel because I am a Mom. Anyone that knows me is fully aware that I'm super sensitive, but I think the enlarging of my heart that happened when I became a Mom has it's down side. It's like I absorb all of their pain and sadness. But I am thankful that it was a rainy day so she didn't miss a warm summery one, I'm thankful that so far the rest of us are healthy, and I'm thankful that this is just a flu - when the kids get sick I am always mindful of what they could have and it gives me perspective. So for now our tea party of diluted juice and vanilla wafers will have to suffice until we can make it up to her. One day this summer we will see the inside of that Chuck E Cheezits (as Ella calls it).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That breaks my heart!!! When you decide to go, tell us and we will try to make up the "friends" that she missed the first time! Siri
Post a Comment