5.04.2008

UNO!

Today I am reminded of how fantastically easy it is to have just one kid to take care of. Big D is on my lap with a tube of toothpaste (tightly shut of course) and Ella is with Daddy. I played hookie from church, I had a ton of laundry and packing to do before we head out of town today. I am in absolute heaven - I still have a little muffin to squeeze so I'm not lonely, but what absolute bliss to have only ONE. The noise level is more than cut in half because the two of them aren't antagonizing each other (sibling rivalry has found it's way to the Rufflings), and I was in desperate need of some one-on-one time with Dawson. When he's on his own it is incredibly clear just how easy going he is. Let me clarify, he's completely high maintenance, but compliant. Thank you Lord for that. And I can't believe how quiet he is when he's by himself - those horrific screeches and growls have been non-existent today. . . I wonder why?



I miss you though Ella, my little firecracker.



No comments: