



So today was just one of those days, I was feeling a bit like Cinderella, slaving away at endless chores. The morning started with a simple question, "why do you always do that?" "I'm ironing Daddy's clothes." "Why?" "So he looks nice for work." What I really wanted to say is "good question, why am I always doing this?!" Todd's an engineer for crying out loud, why doesn't he design a robot that can iron his shirts. The truth is I really love being a home-maker, most days. It was obvious this morning that we were in for it. The kids were at each other's throats from the get go, Dawson required a permanent spot on my hip, and Ella literally didn't touch a toy today, she found it more enjoyable to follow me around about 7 inches in front of or behind me. I thought it was fitting that part of last night's church service was about prayer, just talking to God during the day. Boy did I talk to Him a lot today, He may not have liked the things I had to say, but I sure talked. Things weren't all bad, I did get a chance to make cookies, play 6 rousing rounds of Perfection, participate in a tea party, and get the usual stuff done. Here are a few pictures of some of my favorite tools-of-the-trade, and some pictures of things I'd be happy to never do again.
#1 - I hate ironing, I hate it, I hate it (hands on my hips for emphasis).
#2 - 7th Generation stuff is awesome. And the best part is it's affordable and a lot more accessible now. I don't have to go all the way to Huckleberry's to save the planet and our lungs from inhaled chemicals.
#3 - I adore my Kitchen Aide. I waited 10 years for that delightful piece of machinery, and it has been so good to me. A double batch of cookies and I don't even break a sweat.
#4 - Obviously, despite their occasional wickedness, the kids are the BEST part of my job.
1 comment:
Yep, completely in love with 7th gen too! It is amazing huh?
Post a Comment