
I've owned a CD with this song on it for a long time, but after losing Jeannie it always brings tears to my eyes. I miss her, I can still hear the sound of her voice and laugh in my head, I'm dreading the day that I won't be able to. Her number is still in my contact list on my cell, I can't bring myself to delete it. Bringing flowers to the cemetary is obviously more about us then her. But I like to think that we are honoring and celebrating her by doing it. The cemetary where she is buried is very old, and Todd and I just walked with the kids looking at all the memorial stones. Many were hand carved with birth and death dates just months apart, which broke my heart, some as early as 1809. Life is hard, it's beautiful, joyful and tragic all at the same time. It reminded me that even those of us who are seperated by generations all have the most important things in common. We are humans with God-given souls, we experience the incredible joy of birth and the intense grief of death. I guess the truth is that we aren't truly alive until we die.Yesterdays
The flowers cut and brought inside
Black cars in a single line
Your family in suits and ties
And you're free
The ache that I feel inside
Is where the life has left your eyes
I'm alone for our last goodbye
But you're free
I remember you like yesterday
Yesterday
I still can't believe you're gone
I remember you like yesterday
Yesterday
And until I'm with you, I carry on
Adrift on your ocean floor
I feel weightless, numb and sore
A part of you and me is torn
You're free
I woke from a dream last night
I dreamt that you were by my side
Reminding me I still have life
In me
Every lament is a love song
Yesterday, Yesterday
I still can't believe you're gone
So long my friend, so long
Lyrics by Switchfoot
No comments:
Post a Comment