8.07.2008

My Boy





I realized I didn't really do an 18 month update about Dawson. I think it's a big milestone and he deserves a little shout out. Dawson, well, he's just delicious. I seriously thought I was going to bite him tonight after his bath. Todd laughs because I grit my teeth when I snuggle and kiss the kids, but I have to or I'd just eat their little faces. Dawson thinks it's hilarious that he knows how to walk backwards. He also walks on his tiptoes, then falls to his hands and knees on the floor in some sort of cage fighting stance. I love that he says "Ella" perfectly, exaggerating the tongue flicking action required for making the L sound. He knows lots of animal sounds and his body parts, and he can pick out almost anything you ask in a book. He is my super snuggler, my hip buddy, my # 1 fan. He has been a trooper through his little health issues and even though he isn't in the 95th percentile anymore (I miss my chunky boy), he is still strong, energetic and playful. He's 27 pounds and in the 74th percentile for height. His Daddy's long and lean genes are taking precedence (probably a good thing he didn't get the short and stout Italian genes from me). I love his protruding bottom lip that just begs for Mommy's kisses. He has been waking up and "singing" little songs in his crib and sometimes I actually video tape the monitor because the sounds he makes are so adorable. He loves to play with Ella, they are best buds and complete arch enemies all rolled into one. Dawson's a tough little rough-houser, and the hairs on the back of my neck stand up when he comes at me because I know he's gonna hurt me somehow. He loves to climb and has been trying to get into Ella's loft and, unfortunately, I found him climbing the pantry shelves. One of his newest fascinations is my clothing. He drags my little summer dresses or nighties around like Linus from Snoopy. He slips his hand under the back of my shirt and rubs my shoulder and back when I carry him on my hip. I could go on and on, there are so many little things about him that just make me so proud and so in love with him. I can't believe that 19 months ago that little person came out of me and into this world. What amazing strides they make in such a short time. God knew what I needed when he gave me my kids, I couldn't have picked them better myself.
Photography by Jessica Bleck.

No comments: