10.17.2008

Calling My Bluff






We went up to Green Bluff to pick out the perfect pumpkins, which we do every year. The kids rode the train, and it was a small miracle that neither of them wound up with whip-lash. They of course thought it was hilarious, but I cringed every time the "engineer" (an elderly man wearing overalls and a hat, I guess that makes you qualified to operate the train) whipped them around a corner. Apparently the cervical spines of children aren't as fragile as one would think. Ella and Dawson were the only ones on the ride, maybe that should've been a clue. It was a beautiful sunny day, chilly, but sunny, and that's a good compromise in my book. We of course got hot chocolate, apples and anything else we could get our dusty little hands on. It was a fun day, I love making memories with my family that will last a lifetime. I feel like singing that song from "Fiddler on the Roof" - tradition, TRADITION, tradition!!!

No comments: