I am a happy girl. I finally got a new vacuum, our old one sucked big time (rather it didn't suck, that was the problem). We made a pact a few years back (when all of the stuff we purchased when we got married started breaking) that if we had to replace an item we wouldn't buy the cheapest thing, but that we'd try to get something that wouldn't have to be replaced yet again someday. We haven't always kept our promise, sometimes you just have to go with cheap. But I'm thrilled to announce that we bought a Dyson. No more searching 4 stores for obsolete filters, no more growling when I realize I've vacuumed an entire room with the hose unattached, sending all the stuff I supposedly vacuumed flying back into the house. It's a thing of beauty. It is purple, I wish it were pumpkin orange, but it's not and that's okay. I love him (yes, it's a him even though he's purple). Honey, thank you for coming home from Costco with this fabulous item, you may be romantic after all. Ella took this picture of me and my new love. Can you tell I'd just spent the whole day cleaning?!10.01.2008
The New Man In My Life
I am a happy girl. I finally got a new vacuum, our old one sucked big time (rather it didn't suck, that was the problem). We made a pact a few years back (when all of the stuff we purchased when we got married started breaking) that if we had to replace an item we wouldn't buy the cheapest thing, but that we'd try to get something that wouldn't have to be replaced yet again someday. We haven't always kept our promise, sometimes you just have to go with cheap. But I'm thrilled to announce that we bought a Dyson. No more searching 4 stores for obsolete filters, no more growling when I realize I've vacuumed an entire room with the hose unattached, sending all the stuff I supposedly vacuumed flying back into the house. It's a thing of beauty. It is purple, I wish it were pumpkin orange, but it's not and that's okay. I love him (yes, it's a him even though he's purple). Honey, thank you for coming home from Costco with this fabulous item, you may be romantic after all. Ella took this picture of me and my new love. Can you tell I'd just spent the whole day cleaning?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I want a "new man" too!! But, my "old man" still does the job, well kind of. The house smells like dirty dog sometimes, but at least the hair and dirt is picked up. I guess I will have to wait patiently for the "old guy" to die.
Love Mommy
Finally you met a guy your own height! JK...love ya'!
Isn't it funny how excited we get about new tools?!
Post a Comment