10.22.2008

Daddy's Little Buddy

As soon as Dawson hears the garage door open he runs to the closet and gets Todd's shoes out. Not his work shoes, not his Adidas, not his flip-flops, his outside shoes, because he's hoping beyond hope that Daddy will take him on a 4-wheeler ride. And if you know Todd at all, you won't be surprised to hear that Dawson usually wins. This is why I thank God for cameras. A simple moment captured forever, simple but profound in a lot of ways. It's an everyday moment that might be forgotten if it weren't for the proof. This one picture is worth a thousand words to me. It reminds me of the love my "boys" have for each other, and seeing that makes me realize how lucky I am to be the one watching it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's adorable...and Aaron and I enjoy reading all the silly things your daughter says. :-)