10.29.2008

I've Got Cabin Fever Burning in My Brain, I've Got Cabin Fever, It's Driving Me Insane! (The Muppets)





So after a week of being holed up in the house, we all officially have cabin fever. Aside from 2 doctor's appointments this week, we've been stuck between these 4 walls. The kids are at each other's throats and I can't wait to go to the store today. You heard that right, I can't wait. You know it's bad when you're excited to drag the kids out to get groceries. Dawson reverted back to newborn sleeping habits this past 2 weeks, so that has added to the mix. If I hear one more screech over stolen Legos, or one more ball whizzes by my head to which I see 2 tots scurry to the nearest exit like cockroaches scrambling when the lights come on, I'm going to to lose it. Now that I think about it, Ella does have a prescription for Codeine, hmm... Ella is so stinkin' tough, even though she was in a lot of pain I had to hog-tie her just to get her to relax a little. High fever, Strep infected ears (her doc said it's the worst case, necrotic tissue around her tympanic membranes - ouch) and she still won't nap, this kid must be part robot. She is completely back to normal now except for one small problem, a hearing deficit. This creates some really funny conversations and for the most part is very amusing. But after repeating myself, literally everything I say for days now, it's losing it's charm. Here are some conversations we had this morning, within a 30 minute period of time alone. (See "Ella-isms" for another).

Ella wakes up. "How are your ears feeling today?"
"My hair smells like what?"
"No, I said how do your ears feel?"
"Your hair smells good!"

Ella is going potty. "Mom, we're out of toilet paper!"
"OK, I'll grab you some."
"MOM, WE'RE OUT OF TOILET PAPER!!!"
"Ella, I said I'll grab you some!"
"What's fun?"
"What?"
"What are we doing that's fun?"
"Nothing, I just said I'd grab you some."
"Muffins?"
AHHHH!

"Mom, can you turn on the Christmas music (yes, we're listening to Christmas music)?"
"Sure, just a sec."
"Mom, can you turn on the music?"
"I did."
Ella crying.
"What's wrong?"
"You said you'd turn on the music."
"I did!"
"What?"
"Ella, the music is on right now!"
"Why can't I listen to music now?!"
"Ella, the music is ON, RIGHT NOW!"
"Oh, can you turn it up please?"

No comments: