12.01.2008

A Baker's Dozen...How Sweet It Is to Be Loved By You


We've been married 13 years Honey, can you believe it?! We've packed a lot of good times, and our share of hard ones, into the past 14 years. Camping trips, fishing, skiing, 4-wheeler treks, Colorado, Disneyland, D.C., Maui, beach trips, raising a teenager, bringing home horses, puppies, babies (in that order). So many birthdays, Christmas mornings, summer vacations - a million memories all weaved tightly together, one ends another begins. I'm glad I shared it all with you. Falling in love with you was the best thing I ever did, some call it fate, some call it luck, I call it a blessing. When I married you I don't think I had any idea what love really meant. I thought I did, but I didn't. It's not in the "for better", it's in the "for worse". It's comittment, it's sacrifice, it's compromise, it's sticking it out even when we don't like each other. I guess the wonderful part is that the "for worse" is pretty few and far between, and I actually like you lots and lots. Happy anniversary Baby, I love you. My first, my best, my last love. P.S., we didn't have a digital camera until Ella was a few months old, so there are about 9 years of lovin' missing in this slide show. I think it would've taken me a work week to scan that many. So you'll have to use your imagination....


6 comments:

katy said...

So beyond sweet Laura! Happy Anniversary!

Stephenie said...

How wonderful it is! You are both so beautiful and amazing! Here's to another 12 years and beyond!
Love you both! Blessings!

Stephenie said...

oops...I mean, "hears to 13 more!" not 12, I got that whole dozen thing in my head...but you said baker's dozen which is 13...yah...I'm brain dead...but you love me anyway! I DO know how long you've been married!

Anonymous said...

Cheers you two lovebirds!!! I am so glad we get to share in the same anniversary! There is nothing more romantic than a winter wedding--snowflakes, hot cocoa, warm fire, mistletoe and Christmas! Those summer weddings don't have anything on us ;-)

Plus we can go to Maui when we want to celebrate in the sun!
Happy 13th to a great couple! We love you guys!
~D and Ricardo

Dawn said...

Congratulations! So happy with you - it only seems to get better doesn't it?

Anonymous said...

What a sweet slide show..I loved it. So many wonderful memories and I know that there will be many more to come. I love you both more than words could ever express. xoMommy