12.26.2008

What's in a Name?

5 months. I wish I could get away with that many rolls on my thighs. 8 weeks.
13 weeks.

12 weeks.

3 months.Lordy, he looks as big as Ella! 1st Easter. 8 weeks. These were jammies passed down from Ella, size 12 months, he's 8 weeks here. 4 weeks old.
Dawson's nickname is "Big D" (if you ask him what his name is, he'll say "D!"), and some may wonder why in the heck we call him that. When he went in for his 8 week check up, he'd gained 6 pounds, 8 ounces and grew 5 inches- WOW! The nurse at our ped's office said it was the biggest growth spurt she'd personally seen in that amount of time and proceeded to call him "Biggie" for the rest of the appointment. I think my sister Stephy actually coined the name "Big D". Now he's not so beefy, much to my dismay. I just love the chunky ones (Kel, I know you're the same way) but I think he's going to take after Daddy with his long and lean genes. Which is good I guess. Like his pediatrician told me during his months and months in the 95%, if he kept growing that way he'd be a hundred pounds by his first birthday. I didn't really want my son to be on Discovery Health some day as "Dawson, the 700 pound man." He's still up there for height, but I don't think we can count on the J.P. Batista bod we were hoping for him to have. Here are some of my favorite pictures of Dawson from fat camp.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Delicious! I Want to nibble away :") I always wanted at least one chubby babe, and so far, I've lucked out. Hopefully the twins will also have amazing chubby baby bods!