Adam, you will always be special to me because you made me an Auntie. I remember everything about the night you came into the world, all 10 pounds 5 ounces of you. Who would have thought that 9 years later to the day, I'd be welcoming my firstborn into the world. I can't count how many times I got my paycheck, deposited it, then went to Baby Gap to buy you a little something. I loved taking care of you, giving you baths, changing your diapers, snuggling with you. You were always such a happy guy, sweet, tender-hearted, compliant. I also have you to thank for being Cupid's helper. When your parents moved up to Spokane and lived with Uncle Todd, I just had to visit my little buddy on the weekends and voila, falling in love with Uncle Todd quickly followed. I can't believe you're 14 now, but you are still as sweet as ever. I love that you aren't embarassed to give me hugs, and that all I have to keep on hand are cans of Coke and an assortment of Skittles and Starburst to keep you happy. I guess the X Box helps too. I love you Bud, and I'm proud of you for so many reasons (I lost just a little respect for you when you got Morty, snakes are cool at other people's houses, not yours). And just remember that even though you're taller than me, I'm small but scrappy, I can still take you down if need be.
12.13.2008
Happy 14th Birthday Adam!
Adam, you will always be special to me because you made me an Auntie. I remember everything about the night you came into the world, all 10 pounds 5 ounces of you. Who would have thought that 9 years later to the day, I'd be welcoming my firstborn into the world. I can't count how many times I got my paycheck, deposited it, then went to Baby Gap to buy you a little something. I loved taking care of you, giving you baths, changing your diapers, snuggling with you. You were always such a happy guy, sweet, tender-hearted, compliant. I also have you to thank for being Cupid's helper. When your parents moved up to Spokane and lived with Uncle Todd, I just had to visit my little buddy on the weekends and voila, falling in love with Uncle Todd quickly followed. I can't believe you're 14 now, but you are still as sweet as ever. I love that you aren't embarassed to give me hugs, and that all I have to keep on hand are cans of Coke and an assortment of Skittles and Starburst to keep you happy. I guess the X Box helps too. I love you Bud, and I'm proud of you for so many reasons (I lost just a little respect for you when you got Morty, snakes are cool at other people's houses, not yours). And just remember that even though you're taller than me, I'm small but scrappy, I can still take you down if need be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment