12.01.2009

When In Rome...


Dawson's Pinocchio
The painting she bought me in Venice

My Mom holding my overnight bag that she borrowed out of her hotel window in Venice

My parents went on an Italian/Grecian/Turkish holiday and I was SO jealous!!! I dream about visiting Italy, the Greek islands, Paris...and maybe someday I will. But my Mom and Dad beat me to it, just as it should be. They had an amazing time on vacanze and the pictures they brought back blew me away, definitely the trip of a lifetime. And since I couldn't go, at least my overnight bag did. I think that may be the closest I get to a trip like that.
I'm so glad they made it home safely, especially after a 12 hour delay in London due to jet fuel leaking from the plane - during take off, TWICE!! My Mom brought us back some fabulous little trinkets from their travels - a gorgeous painting she bought for me in Venice, some beautiful handmade earrings from Greece, a sprinkling of saffron from Turkey (you foodies will understand why that's so exciting), and a wooden Pinocchio doll and Italia tee for Dawson, ballerina paper dolls for Ella and board books for the babies from Italy. Oh, and my amazing Mommy flew back home on Thursday, went to her church's women's retreat a day later, then from there directly here to be with me and the kids. Todd had to be away for most of the week on a business trip and she came to help me out and literally saved my life. Even jet lag can't stop this woman! Just the companionship alone preserved my sanity. Love you Mom, thank you so much!! I snapped a picture of her and one of the grand babies while she was here, Charlie has a thing for his Ninny...

1 comment:

Marci said...

You are very welcome....it was a pleasure......xoxo