






I started a little tradition with Ella, and we came full circle and now it's the babies of the family that are taking a turn. I've had each of the kids paint a canvas when they're 16 months. I love looking back at the pictures and seeing how different, or in some ways, alike they are at the same age. We even have the same puppy bib that Ella used for her art projects. I love that Charlie wound up eating some (okay, a lot), and finger painting most of his masterpiece. While Mitchy meticulously used his paintbrush, using one puddle of paint at a time. The only mess he made was when an unfortunate itch on his forehead made him smear some paint on his precious litte face. The paint on Charlie's face (and hair, and elbows, and clothes, and neck) was not put there by accident. When they finish, or when I decide they've eaten enough paint, I make a quick handprint on a blank spot and voila, priceless art. Once their paintings dry, I take a picture, on the same wall in the living room, of them with their canvas. I put the pictures of Ella and Dawson up top just for fun, reminiscing is such sweet sorrow...
1 comment:
Fun Tradition! You should put those up on your big picture wall? I can't believe how teeny tiny Ella looked in the picture of her canvas art day...wasn't that 10minutes ago :")
Post a Comment