I was checking the updates on baby Ella, and something Erik said stood out to me more than anything else. He said he loved her for being "perfectly imperfect" and it just reminded me that our Heavenly Father sees us that way. No matter how far we run, how dark our depravity, how deep our rebellion, His love goes deeper still. I think one of the greatest lessons I've learned from becoming a parent is a deeper grasp of God's love for me - it is so unconditional, so overwhelming, so extreme. I love my kids so much that sometimes it physically hurts, and God says that He is perfect love. There is a song and I love the line that says, "beautiful, the mess we are..." To Him, we are perfectly imperfect. He didn't come to save the well, but to save the weak and weary, lost and ruined, sick and sore. And just like precious Ella's parents would literally do anything to save her, protect her, comfort her, God will do the same for us. He will go to any length to bring us close to Him.
"For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is His love for those who fear Him; as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us. As a father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on those who fear Him..." Psalm 103: 11-13
No comments:
Post a Comment