
I get so bored of the whole dinner routine sometimes, don't you? I actually really like to cook and bake, it's just the the whole process that gets old. Planning the meals for the week, grocery shopping (over and over again), thinking you have everything to make a yummy meal only to discover you're out of _____... And the fact that we don't live close to a real grocery store magnifies the annoyance. It's not for lack of recipes or cookbooks, I've got a great stash of both. But sometimes I just don't want to try a new recipe on a busy weeknight, or take a chance with some fabulous new dish that requires a 40 minute drive to Huckleberry's to get prosciutto or Thai basil. I want a sure thing, a tried-and-true that my family will love and I can whip up with normal ingredients in a decent amount of time. Luckily I have a few friends and family members that let me pick their brains when I'm sick of the usual rotations around here. But the more the merrier, right? This is where you come in, I know some of you have some great go-to favorites. So help me, save me from the dinner doldrums! Don't worry, I'm going to help you too. Here's the menu around here, last week's and the week ahead. If you want the recipe, just email me and I'll send it your way. Now it's your turn. Email me your family's favorite recipe, dinner ideas would be great, but I'll take whatever you give me. Hey, maybe I can make a little cookbook with everyone's recipes...
{toddnlaura1@netzero.com}
*Chicken and Veggie stir-fry with Yakisoba noodles
*Crockpot Beef Stroganoff with Rice and Todd's favorite fresh green bean side dish
*Chili and Beer Bread
*Lemon Chicken, Bread and Roasted Veggies (I usually do red potatoes, onion, a fennel bulb, red pepper and zucchini)
*Crockpot Spaghetti, Salad, French Bread
*Chicken Enchiladas with the fixin's
*Waffles, Brunch Casserole and Sausage (The kids love breakfast for dinner)
*Tortilla Soup and Cornbread
*Italian Sausage, Peppers and Onions on a Hoagie, Caesar Salad
*Loaded Burgers and Home Fries (Sweet potato and regular)
*Steak, Luna's House Salad, Baked Potato
*Homemade Tomato Soup, Grilled Ham and Cheese Croissant Sandwiches
2 comments:
First off~I just have to comment on sweet baby ella's condition. My heart is aching for that family Laura. Shane and I just went to that blog site, and our hearts are so heavy! So sad, and we will be praying for a miracle for this sweet baby girl! Keep me posted on how she's doing and what your chursh is doing for this family. I would help with meals if needed!
2nd~What a delicious menu...not sure I have it together enough to cook like that each night, but I do my best =) I will send you some new recipes, that are tried and true! Thanks for sharing yours!
Ymmmmy....May I eat at your house?
Post a Comment