11.18.2010

Plans...

Here they are, blueprints for a dream, a dream that started a long time ago. I was going through some memory boxes, finding old school projects, baby book items and other little treasures to update the picture wall. Then I came across this. We've had these blueprints longer than we've been married. When I unrolled it and showed Todd, he did the typical guy thing ~ annoyed that this isn't where we live, that he didn't make it happen for our family. But I love it. I remember pouring over this when we were engaged, changing walls with pencil marks, dreaming about which way we'd situate it on the 10 acres we owned. To me, the best part about this is that even to this day, we would probably still build something really, really close to this. Almost 16 years later, it's still my dream house. The brick chimney, the covered porch, the open stair case, the pane windows and cedar shakes. So tonight I'll be dreaming in blue and white...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Laura. Dr Fine following along on your blog as per my office routine for great music. Just read about your friends and their beautiful daughter Ella. Let them know that another warrior for Christ has said some specific prayers for a special girl named Ella(as you know very well the name is very special for me too) Kurt