11.02.2010

Starting 'em Young

We're getting a head start on the slave labor around here. Actually, the kids love to help and I try to encourage it as much as I can, even if their "help" has basically the opposite effect. Charlie is following in Dawson's footsteps and is one of my constant "helpers" around the house. I think since both of them are the Mama's boys they wind up doing a lot of household chores with me. They're usually right next to me when I unload the dishwasher, clean windows, cook dinner, unload the groceries, work in the yard, sew, do laundry... I just hope they keep it up, their wives will be the luckiest girls on the planet.


Handing me the veggies after grocery shopping

I always remove the silverware tray (so we avoid stabbings) and then let them help me unload the dishwasher. It actually works out great because our plates and pans are pretty hot right out of the dishwasher, so they don't like touching them. Which leaves the kiddy plates and cups for them, and prevents a lot of broken dishes. Not all, but a lot:)
Get to work Mitchy! Dumping the summer flower pots, our official good-bye to summer...




2 comments:

Marci said...

Will you hire them out?? :)

Kelli said...

You are doing Love & Logic and you don't even know it ;) They are BIG on chores...way to get em started early, haha!