
I've always wanted to learn to play piano, I've talked about it since I was little. But it just wasn't in the cards growing up. A piano and lessons don't come cheap, so I understand why my parents couldn't swing it. We've thought about getting a piano for a while but didn't want to make the investment on just the hope that Ella and I would enjoy it and learn to play. But thanks to Aaron, we have a beautiful, old piano to love, and it didn't cost us a penny! So Ella started lessons and I take her and try to learn what I can by osmosis. I am in love with it! I try to practice every chance I get and I've taught myself a whole bunch of Christmas songs. I'm proud of myself since I'm able to play with both hands and read music after a few weeks. Music theory is like learning a whole new language - you mean all those little dots, and lines, and swirly things actually
mean something?! Now don't get too excited, I am way, waaay bad. Todd keeps telling me how great I'm doing, apparently love is blind
and deaf. But I love it and that's all that matters. The problem is I need lessons of my own so I can challenge myself, so I think I'm going to switch off with Ella and we can each take a lesson every other week. So there are dreams of Mozart, and Pachelbel's Canon, but for now the tunes of Yankee Doodle and Mary had a Little Lamb fill the house when Ella plays. And I just love my free-spirited girl, I came downstairs while she was practicing and she was in her giraffe costume. It's not every day that you see a giraffe play piano, or Tinkerbell, or...
1 comment:
I really want to take piano lessons again. I only took it for a year when I was in the 4th grade. Now that we have a piano in our house, it is so tempting...but I may have to wait until Naomi takes lessons when she is 5 years old, too. :-) Looking forward to your first piano recital...you might be the tallest one in the class (emphasis on the "might be").
Post a Comment