4.10.2010
All's fair in love and real estate
This spring...
....Last summer
We were this close to selling our house this week, I mean so, SO close! I got home from dropping Ella off at school, got the boys settled and fed, dumped a load of clean laundry on the couch to fold and we got a call that someone was on their way to see the house. Yikes! Luckily the house is usually pretty clean, but still, it takes time just to get us all out of the house again, let alone get rid of that pile of laundry, sparkle 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, 3 living rooms, a laundry room, the kitchen, the front yard, the back yard, the dining room.... (sheesh, no wonder I want to move, who wants to clean that many rooms?!). But we made it, and thank goodness my niece Rachel could come over and help me entertain the babies while I did this, because I was literally just laying them down for nap when I got the call, so they were a tad on the crabby side. So we made it out of here in time and the couple loved our house, and the best part, they had just sold their house and were ready to buy. So after roaming around in the car waiting for them to leave we made it back home again and the phone rang, their realtor said they wanted to come back again in the morning and just "make sure" but that we were their pick! So...in the mean time, our neighbors put their house on the market and the sign went up in their yard. When the couple came back the next morning they thought they better check it out, I don't blame them, I would too. And sure enough, John and Joyce's extra square footage, gas fire pit and giant kitchen talked fancy to them and they bought their house. No fair! Actually, the saddest part is that if we wind up staying, we will miss them terribly. They have been the sweetest neighbors to us. Joyce bought a gift for each of our kids when they were born, I bring over a loaf of beer bread or zucchini bread. They bring us fudge at Christmas, we bring them caramel corn and sugar cookies. "Mitter" John loves the kids and is always teasing Ella. He'll stick his head out the door and honk like a goose just to make them laugh. He always tells Ella she has the most beautiful brown eyes, just so he can watch her giggle and remind him that her eyes are blue. He makes fun of me for pulling microscopic weeds, he throws Bailey's ball when she drops it by the fence....They are just the cat's meow and I don't want them to leave us. Apparently they want to move closer to their grand kids. Whatever! But I guess it was meant to be and even though we were disappointed, I know it wasn't a coincidence and God has this all under control. I just wish He'd relinquish some control to me once in a while:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment