...this sucks. Todd is in Africa right now on business and even though I think I'm a pretty independent girl, I miss having my Honey around. Travel has always been a part of his job so I'm used to in that sense. But having kids changes things. Dawson is especially wigged out this time, he's old enough to really miss Daddy, but not old enough to really understand that he'll be back in 8 days. He just knows Dad's gone and that he's ticked off about that fact. The first few days were the hardest, sometimes it would be 3 minutes between asking if Daddy was home yet. He left on a Saturday before the kids got up after working all week, so I think that made it feel like an eternity before they'd see him again. I don't like that he's so far away, if someone ruptures a spleen or the house burns down, he's literally a world away. Poor guy spent 23 hours on a plane besides layovers. It didn't help my nerves that his office printed out the number of the U.S. Embassy and a security specialist "just in case." When he calls at bed time, we are just waking up - it's weird. But they say absence makes the heart grow fonder, and on the other hand, it seems his absence makes my brain crazier. Whose idea was it to have all these kids? :) THANK GOODNESS my Mom could come and rescue me after 4 days and I will only have one more day alone at the end. I've never been happier to see her in my life. I got a nasty chest cold about half way through the week and lost my voice. A few days later I had a dentist appointment and Ella told the dentist "I can't wait til she loses her voice ALL the way." I bet, that would be like a dream come true - Dad gone, Mom can't talk... I'm counting down the hours at this point and can't wait to hear all of his stories. He started telling me a cheery one about an Asian couple getting eaten by lions last year right where he is staying. I said that as fabulous as that sounded, maybe he could save his "stories" until he got home, safe and sound. I have a few wild animal stories of my own to share...
4.15.2010
You're there, I'm here...
...this sucks. Todd is in Africa right now on business and even though I think I'm a pretty independent girl, I miss having my Honey around. Travel has always been a part of his job so I'm used to in that sense. But having kids changes things. Dawson is especially wigged out this time, he's old enough to really miss Daddy, but not old enough to really understand that he'll be back in 8 days. He just knows Dad's gone and that he's ticked off about that fact. The first few days were the hardest, sometimes it would be 3 minutes between asking if Daddy was home yet. He left on a Saturday before the kids got up after working all week, so I think that made it feel like an eternity before they'd see him again. I don't like that he's so far away, if someone ruptures a spleen or the house burns down, he's literally a world away. Poor guy spent 23 hours on a plane besides layovers. It didn't help my nerves that his office printed out the number of the U.S. Embassy and a security specialist "just in case." When he calls at bed time, we are just waking up - it's weird. But they say absence makes the heart grow fonder, and on the other hand, it seems his absence makes my brain crazier. Whose idea was it to have all these kids? :) THANK GOODNESS my Mom could come and rescue me after 4 days and I will only have one more day alone at the end. I've never been happier to see her in my life. I got a nasty chest cold about half way through the week and lost my voice. A few days later I had a dentist appointment and Ella told the dentist "I can't wait til she loses her voice ALL the way." I bet, that would be like a dream come true - Dad gone, Mom can't talk... I'm counting down the hours at this point and can't wait to hear all of his stories. He started telling me a cheery one about an Asian couple getting eaten by lions last year right where he is staying. I said that as fabulous as that sounded, maybe he could save his "stories" until he got home, safe and sound. I have a few wild animal stories of my own to share...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I don't like it when Scott is half way around the world. I feel your pain and I'll be praying for all of you. Glad Aunt Marci could be there!
Post a Comment