4.12.2010

Mansters

I got Ella and Dawson these cute little hampsters for their Easter basket. Apparently EVERYONE at school has one but Ella, so I was hearing about them a lot. At first Dawson thought they were monsters, I told him they were hampsters and he's still confused because he calls them mansters. On Easter I asked the kids what they wanted to name them and Ella named hers "Prettyness" and Dawson named his "Rock-Rock Mr. Chubby-Chubby." I told you my kids were weird. As the week went on, Dawson shortened his hampster's name to simply "Mr. Chubby-Chubby" - that is until he couldn't resist his wickedness any longer and named him something very inappropriate. Let's just say it was still a mister, but it started with "p" and ended with "enis." I definitely had to use the skills I've developed and not laugh but pretend to be very disappointed in his behavior (I've had plenty of opportunities to practice this over the years thanks to Ella). I thought the babies would like them too since they scurry around the house, chatter and spin in circles. Charlie goes nuts when the kids start the hampsters up, he is hell bent on nabbing one and will crawl like he's on crack to get his hands on them. Mitch is the ultimate opportunist, he just waits patiently, sucking his thumb, for them to scurry by, then with lightening reflexes he snatches one and stuffs in into his mouth. Ella wanted to sleep with hers, but I'm afraid the wheels will wrap around her hair while she's sleeping if she accidentally starts it up by rolling over it. So I made the hampsters a little bed since she was worried they'd get cold, and now it's a nightly routine. So now I have to tuck Ella, Dawson, Mitch, Charlie and 2 hampsters in at night, oh and Todd too.

No comments: