4.05.2010
Resurrection Day!
We had a great Easter, low-key which was a refreshing change of pace! We went through our resurrection eggs all week which brought up a lot of good conversation, and some bizarre ones as well. One night when I was laying with Dawson at bedtime he said "those soldiers put pokey-pines in Jesus' hair, I'm gonna get those out for Him." so I had to remind him that Jesus isn't hurt right now, that it was a long time ago and now He lives in our hearts. Then he said "I'm gonna get my chainsaw and chop the soldiers' heads off." Clearly we have some work to do on loving people like Jesus does. We colored eggs on Saturday, the kids had a blast and I love arts & crafts so I had fun too:) They kept re-dyeing them over and over and over...Sunday morning we decided to go to Life Center, since our church meets in the evening, on holidays it's nice to go to church in the morning so we can have the rest of the day to celebrate and relax. Plus, I'm hoping to get connected in a Moms group somewhere until our church starts one up. We went there years ago and it was a big church, but holy cow, it's HUGE now! The message was great, the only part Todd didn't like was when the pastor showed pictures of his new grandbabies who were adopted from Ethiopia. I could hear his silent screams next to me as he heard the wheels turning in my brain - maybe we could adopt one more baby?? So we headed home for lunch, egg salad sandwiches for obvious reasons. I tried to snap some pictures of all of the kids together, and I always think they're hilarious because we can never get a good one and I've grown to love the "bad" ones even more over the years. I let them open up their little Easter gifts and then we went outside to hunt for eggs. The weather held out so we were all grateful for the sunshine. We roasted hot dogs over the fire for dinner, and ended the day by watching Princess and the Frog, which was one of Ella's Easter gifts. Even though we have fun with all the Easter hoopla, candy being the main source of excitement for me, honestly I am just amazed at sacrifice that Jesus made on the cross, and the depth of His love - which is something I will never be able to wrap my head around. He knows me inside and out and still chose to lay down his life for me, regardless of whether I would ever choose to love Him back. Sometimes I can't believe that the passion of the Christ was me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Tell Ella that I am glad that you had time to down-load the photos :)
Wish I could have been there.......
I don't know if you want to hang out with me or anything...but I've been going to Shiloh Hill's MOPs that meets the second Wednesday of every month (from 9am until 11:30am).
And also the Vintage Faith MOMs group every other Tuesday from 9:45am until 11:45am.
Anyway...it looks like you guys had a nice Easter.
Such a charmed life the Rufflings lead...sort of makes me wish I was one of them!
Post a Comment