4.20.2010

Snow White and the Lesser Known 8th Dwarf


Ella's school has an annual Daddy/Daughter date night, and wouldn't you know, it was planned for one of the nights Todd was out of town. They've been sending home fliers for a month, but I did my best to quickly intercept them and get them out of sight before Ella could see the sparkly, pink paper. I thought we were in the clear, until they made an announcement at school. Ella didn't stop talking about the "ball" all day, all night... So I told Todd we had to tell her. He held her in his arms and explained that he wouldn't be home to take her, and our sweet girl cried and cried. She asked "can Uncle Shane be my Daddy for the night?" It broke our hearts that she was so disappointed, so we enlisted Grandpa R., and magically "The Disney Princess Daddy/Daughter Dance" became "The Grandpa/Grand Daughter Ball." The daughters were supposed to dress up as a Disney princess, but the only gown she had was her Cinderella dress that we took to Disneyland over a year ago. And it's been in the dress-up drawer ever since, so it's beginning to look like the wicked step-sisters got a hold of it. The top was shredded and wouldn't even close, so we had to think fast...I ran to Target, well I drove to Target, and the only gown left was Snow White. But that was perfect because I'd found a Snow White tiara for her last year for 3 bucks on clearance, so voila, princess attire complete. She looked so cute, I love it, a platinum blonde Snow White. We dashed home from school, got Ella into a quick bath, ate an early dinner and she was off to the ball. Grandpa came to pick her up in his carriage and when they had to make a quick stop on the way, Ella told him "come on Grandpa, let's get this show on the road!" Apparently they learned the waltz, and she came home with another sparkly, home made tiara, and heavy eyelids. Even princesses need their sleep.

1 comment:

Kelli Lofstedt said...

Yay for Grandpa saving the day, or I guess I should say evening! She is an adorable platinum Snow White! I can't believe she asked if uncle Shane could take her...what a sweet girl. He probably would have if you guys would of asked! I'm glad she got to go, but I'm sure Todd was brokenhearted :(