
As usual, Todd badgered me to get Charlie in for a hair cut. He's the one that twisted my arm to whack off Dawson's baby hair when he was this age. And honestly, looking back I see his point. It looks so much better when it's short and I have to let him have his way in a few things. He just doesn't like long hair on boys, so...I trimmed Charlie's hair at home when he was 10 months. I clipped Mitchy's mullet hairs with the buzzers too, but he appears to have a permanent crew cut so his hair doesn't require a whole lot of attention, or shampoo. So I trimmed Charlie's bangs and snipped a few curls off the back and couldn't stand to do much more than that. What if his curls never come back after I cut them? I've heard of that happening and I was not having any of it. But it was getting really long, especially when it straightened out as it got wet in the bath. So I drug all of the kids to Great Clips and prepared for the worst. Dawson was permanently scarred by his first hair cut, so I braced myself for the blood curdling screams and the stares of disturbed customers. But he did great! He sat on the little booster and just acted like it was no biggie. I handed Ella the camera after I took a couple shots and she got some good ones (and also a dozen bizarre pictures of random items at Great Clips, including the inside of the hair stylists' nose). I told the guy to just give it a little trim and added this so we were clear "if you cut off all of his curls I'll never forgive you." Not sure this meant a whole lot to him, why would he care if I didn't forgive him? I'm a complete stranger after all so what did he have to lose (besides a tip)? And in my opinion he DID cut off too much. He asked somewhat disgusted "so you
want me to leave it hanging over his ears?" Yes, yes I do, now mind your own business.
2 comments:
Your posts always crack me up, Laura. Thanks for sharing this haircut story! Charlie looks so handsome--and I am sure I can still see a little curl in his hair! :) So glad to see you're all doing well! Le
Adorable.
Post a Comment