I could go on and on about this book, but I won't, you have to read it because I won't be able to do it justice. It's basically a compilation of poll responses from men and it will open your eyes to your guy for sure. And since I'm surrounded by boys, I'm determined to do my best to figure these creatures out. I think men are intriguing (and not just for obvious reasons:)) and we really are so inately different, even compared to those of us that may not be the stereotypical girly-girl. If you are married and actually like your husband:) and want to be a wife that meets his spoken and unspoken needs, you HAVE to read this book. Some of it isn't all that surprising, but some parts of this book were so enlightening - at least to me, I may be a total spaz though. I'm telling you, it will make you see your husband in a different way and it will compel you to want to be what he longs for. I thought after 15+ years I had it pretty well figured out, but I know some things now that I didn't know, and some things I knew, but didn't have a clue the extent of the importance men place on certain things. I'm relieved that I've been doing some of it right, but I'm grateful for the chance to know how to do things better. When you know better, you do better. Anyway, I know this is vague but it's only because there isn't any way to re-cap this book without basically reading it to you. It's short, it only took me a couple of hours to read, and it was worth every minute. I think one of the highlights of reading this book was just seeing how sheepishly interested Todd was as he saw me pouring over it. With a title like "For Women Only" he was definitely curious...My Mom read it and thought it was great so she bought me and my sister a copy. Thanks Mom, and I'm sure Todd will thank you too!
7.12.2010
For Women Only - what you need to know about the inner lives of men - Shaunti Feldhahn
I could go on and on about this book, but I won't, you have to read it because I won't be able to do it justice. It's basically a compilation of poll responses from men and it will open your eyes to your guy for sure. And since I'm surrounded by boys, I'm determined to do my best to figure these creatures out. I think men are intriguing (and not just for obvious reasons:)) and we really are so inately different, even compared to those of us that may not be the stereotypical girly-girl. If you are married and actually like your husband:) and want to be a wife that meets his spoken and unspoken needs, you HAVE to read this book. Some of it isn't all that surprising, but some parts of this book were so enlightening - at least to me, I may be a total spaz though. I'm telling you, it will make you see your husband in a different way and it will compel you to want to be what he longs for. I thought after 15+ years I had it pretty well figured out, but I know some things now that I didn't know, and some things I knew, but didn't have a clue the extent of the importance men place on certain things. I'm relieved that I've been doing some of it right, but I'm grateful for the chance to know how to do things better. When you know better, you do better. Anyway, I know this is vague but it's only because there isn't any way to re-cap this book without basically reading it to you. It's short, it only took me a couple of hours to read, and it was worth every minute. I think one of the highlights of reading this book was just seeing how sheepishly interested Todd was as he saw me pouring over it. With a title like "For Women Only" he was definitely curious...My Mom read it and thought it was great so she bought me and my sister a copy. Thanks Mom, and I'm sure Todd will thank you too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Aaron and I read this book and "For Men Only" to each other last year. It was great to ask him right away if he was like some of the men she talked about. Because it is a generalization from a few polls, Aaron was around 90% "average"...the other 10% is what makes him special for me.
I would recommend asking your husband if that is what he thinks/feels on a given subject. But, yes, it was an amazing book!!!
Post a Comment