
I know, I know. It's almost August and I'm just now getting to this (tender) subject. I still haven't really made sense of all my emotions about this whole kindergarten thing. I thought her
starting kindergarten was tough, but having her finish was a whole new world of Mommy pain. I think part of it is that she's grown up so much this past year, and knowing that she will be away from me all day for 1st grade is another part of it. And another major tear-jerker was saying goodbye to her teacher. Mrs. P is beyond description, she really was an answer to our prayers and I love her to pieces, and so does Ella. I've been scheming up ways to bribe her to teach 1st grade next year, then 2nd grade, then 3rd grade...Todd thinks it's a long shot but at the very least we're praying Dawson gets her for kindergarten. She is a precious lady. Ella saw me tear up as we approached the last days of school and asked me what was wrong. I told her the usual "you're growing up and so I'm happy
and sad...and I'm going to miss Mrs. Parenteau, I really love her." Ella asked me how I knew Mrs. Parenteau which cracked me up, but I think she was wondering how the heck I could love her so much when I didn't get to spend all day with her like all those lucky kindergarteners. I told her that "Mrs. P is so sweet, and caring, and that she loves all of you kids and Jesus so much." Ella said "you've got it right Mom, and she sure does love Jesus." She will always have a special place in our hearts for her patience, love, care and her passion for the Lord and these kids. I hope I can be remembered like that. I wish I could articulate everything I feel about this milestone for Ella. I just can't, it's all tucked away in my heart and my head can't really unravel it all.
Ella, I'm so proud of you. You learned to read, to hold your own in a class of ALL boys. You won awards, you stole hearts, you only got a few yellow cards and a lotta-lotta "super days." But above all of that, you spent a year learning a little bit more about how to be the you God made you to be. I have BiG dreams for you Bean, you are a promise, you are endless possibilities.
1 comment:
So proud of you.....what a sweetheart Ella is.
Post a Comment