7.01.2010

Gonna Party Like It's my Birthday!

They're out of this world,
Universally cute.
They're gifts from above,
Bright as stars that shoot.
We love them past the moon
to the farthest galaxy,
Our ONEderful boys,
Mitch & Charlie!The boys had their *OuTeR sPaCe* party last weekend! I thought up their invitation on a whim and then quickly realized it wasn't all that easy to plan a space party for one year olds. So I created a strange combination of Star Wars, "real" space and Toy Story. Oh well, you win some you lose some. The jUmPiNg house was a big hit and we had fun celebrating with family and friends, even the weather was great! I'm kinda glad it's over, all the emotional build-up was exhausting and I've only cried "they're growing up..." tears once since their party, so I'm on the mend:)
The favor boxes. I filled them with as many space related things as I could think of - Orbit gum, Milky Way bars, Starbursts, Pop Rocks, space program badges, and glitter bouncy balls (plus your imagination = a meteor, planet, asteroid...)
More smash cakes, this time with star wingy-dingy-thingys
HaPpY bIrThDaY dear Mitch and Charlie... I know what you're thinking, "more cake pictures?" But if you think about it, we're really celebrating two birthdays, so if you divide these plus the ones I took on their real birthday in half, it's not that bad. Right?




It was sort of quiet while everyone was watching the babies dig into their cakes, then our friend Shane says "it's kinda like watching Todd and Laura eat cake." He cracks me up, and it's so true. Not much genetic blending going on here:)














The rocket-launcher sprinkler was a big hit!






Just say no to birthday spankings, YES to snuggles


My attempt at a moon cake
Poor Todd, it's bad enough that I forced him to dress up as a crazy professor for Halloween years ago, now he has to re-live it
Uncle Richie = free Soccer Tots

It's always a good idea to have pretty girls at your partyDarth is about to meet his match... The force is strong with this oneIf only all evil things exploded into a pile of candy

2 comments:

Tabitha said...

Aww! So cute! I love the theme and I think you did an awesome job on the moon cake!!! Watch out Siri! :)
It's funny b/c I do a "birthday week" for Joe and I always try and make it a theme (minus the party). This year I got him a mountain bike, so one day he opened a bunch of mountain bike themed candy/snacks. So I love the treat boxes you put together! Not sure if Joe's theme will ever be outter space though ;)
(I think I'm just preparing myself for when I have kids, with the whole theme thing!)

And I'm glad to see you figured out how to change the font...I was about to write you that I actually used Kevin & Amanda. (it took me a couple of times to figure it out, but once you do, it's pretty easy)Looks great!

LAURA said...

Well you fit right in if you're a sucker for a theme:) We love our parties around here! Yes, I FINALLY got the font figured out, I needed a little help from my much-smarter husband. He tried a few weeks ago but got pretty annoyed with it. I think I just missed one little thing in the code and of course it wouldn't work. You're right, it's a pain in the hiney at first but I think I've got the hang of it. Glad you used the same site! Not much else out there really, just a few other boring options so I really liked theirs. I love fun fonts for scrapbooking anyway, so now I have some new ones. Hope to see you soon!