7.05.2010

Don't make fun of nerds, you'll probably end up working for one





Todd's office has an annual BBQ right around the 4th of July. I've gone off and on over the years, more often since we've had kids since no one cares about seeing me, they just want to see the Rufflings. So we went last week and as usual, baked on the black top behind their machine shop and wondered "why exactly do I drag the kids to this..." Not that an entire herd of nerds isn't intriguing, but still. One highlight for the kids, especially Dawson, is all of the amazing equipment they have there. I am fascinated by some of the machines and always love to see what the guys are working on or what Todd has blown up on his bench. And Ella's favorite at Daddy's office - drawing on the white board. I love it, cute little stick people next to all of Todd's wild equations and engineer jibberish. We haven't visited Todd in his office in quite a while because they have some overly cautious security rules that make it tough. Everyone has to be signed in at the front desk and wear a badge. And babies in badges is just too much work. So they were excited to go and had fun playing with Todd's toys - he has models of mining and construction equipment that he says he uses for demonstrations etc, he promises that he doesn't play trucks during the day. Thanks for working so hard Baby, you bring home the bacon, I fry it up in the pan (and add croissants, avocado, lettuce and tomato. Oh, and steak fries and fruit salad. Now I'm hungry).

1 comment:

Dawn said...

or married to one! : )