7.27.2010

Slip Slidin' Away

Charlie figured out how to climb up the slide and into the fort on the swing set without so much as a practice session. Just looked over and he was all the way up. He just turned one for crying out loud! Not sure I'm too happy about that since he has no fear of falling to his doom. He is SO active and has NO fear, not a good combination. He reminds me a lot of Ella, but with the added (adverse) effects of testosterone coursing through his veins. That can only mean one thing, TrOuBLe. This is how Todd sums up Charlie at this point in time: "we are going to have a permanent parking spot with a "reserved for the Ruffs" sign at the ER thanks to this kid."

3 comments:

Kelli said...

Oh wow, reminds me of a little blonde haired boy living across my bedroom~LOL! These little wild, no fear, determined kiddos give me a near heart attack each day. You are going to have your hands even more FULL with Charlie your little Monkey! Hopefully Mitchy will help balance it out, he'll be the rule follower, down to earth, cautious balance that his bro needs =)

Dana K. said...

A friend of mine has that exact same play equipment in her back yard...and when Naomi was 12 months old she did the same thing. I was talking to my friend and I looked over to see her half way up the slide. I made it in time to grab one arm and one leg...she had tried to sit down on the little platform on the top and her little tushy was too far and went over the edge. I had to have my friend run over and push her hiney up so I could grab her. Darn those kids.

Marci said...

I have to agree with Todd on this one.....prepare your heart mommy.... there are sure to be some extreme sporting events in your future, and if papa gets involved.....WATCH OUT!!!