6.25.2008

The Baby of the Family, For Now




Well, about 6 months after Dawson was born we decided that this August we would try for another baby. I was ready to be pregnant again the day after I had him, but having another child is a different story. So, as August loomed closer and closer, I just wasn't feeling ready. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that Dawson is still such a baby in a lot of ways. And I just want to be 100% excited and ready before we try again. So, we made our decision to wait a while and even though I'm relieved in some ways (maybe I can enjoy sleeping through the night for a while) I'm sad in others. I love tiny babies, I love their smell, their newness. I loved being pregnant, the round belly, labor, nursing. It's just all good stuff. But for now, Dawson is my baby. I know that he will grow so quickly and I want to enjoy every minute with him. And when the time is right we will, God willing, add another Ruffling to the family. Besides, whenever I hold other babies Dawson get really, really ticked off. So maybe holding off will ensure that our next child won't wind up with one eye and bald patches where his/her hair was ripped out. He's a precious boy unless you mess with his Mama.

No comments: