My friend Kelli made me a CD of mellow music months ago, in fact I think it was shortly after Dawson was born - she must have known I needed some soothing music at that point. Little did she know that the first song on that CD, which is just an instrumental of a classical piece, would save me from the threshold of hell. Okay, maybe that's a little dramatic, but at the very least it has saved me from the path that leads to the thresh hold of hell. Dawson is not a good traveler, at all. More than once, especially when he was younger, I've actually pulled the car over, gotten him out of his car seat and inspected him for pinch marks, acid burns, biting ants in his diaper . . . something to explain the blood curdling screams. But for some reason my little guy loves that song and he can be completely flipping out in the car, and when I hit CD #3, song #1 the heavens part and the screaming subsides. It's pure magic. In some supernatural way it looks like Auntie Kel had Big D figured out before he was even born and made that CD to save us all from having to take prescription meds before road trips. If only that song could calm me down when I'm screaming . . .By the way, I love what Shane wrote on the CD, these simple yet profound words in large print, "RELAX." Isn't that the truth? Sometimes I feel like shouting that at the top of my lungs, "JUST RELAX!!!"
1 comment:
Good to know! Since Big D and Nolan are living similar lives, I'll have to keep this one handy in the car. I have an inkling that Nolan is going to be my antsy travler? Your description of all the possibly reasons Dawson might have been crying are hillarious! And you're right about Shane's label on the CD, he must have been trying to imply something to us :)
Post a Comment