6.15.2008

Sugar Daddy & Papa Don't Preach







It's Father's Day, and I have 2 very important people on my mind . . . So I'll start with my main squeeze. I think one of the things I love most about Todd is watching him be a Dad. I never have to ask him to play with our kids or to make up silly bedtime stories that produce giggles to be heard all the way down stairs. He does it effortlessly. When he mows the lawn, there is always someone on his lap, if he snatches a cookie he always sneaks one to the kids no matter how many they've had during the day. He's loving, smart, gentle, kind, athletic, has great pecks - okay, maybe I'm taking this a step too far, this blog is family friendly, I promise. The simple truth is that our kids are lucky to have him. Now this is also the guy that got through 2 kids and never a sleepless night, but he makes up for it in other ways. Thanks for sharing this journey with me Hon, I love you.
Now about my Dad. Where to start . . . He is just everything a girl needs a Dad to be, and he has never stopped being that for me. He used to take me to Mc Donald's at 6 am on Saturday to give me lectures, he never let me get away with anything and I appreciate how much he challenged me. He taught me how to fish, how to rough-house like a cage fighter and how important it is to be good at making cookies (I used this as leverage many times in high school so I could go out with friends). He showed me what it means to work hard and to love God by loving people. And now I get to share him with our kids, Papa is just good stuff. I love you Dad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought you used microwave caramel corn for leverage!