



We got cabin fever and decided to go away on a VERY spur of the moment little trip over Memorial. The weather was supposed to be icky here, huge surprise I know, so we headed for the coast trying to chase down some sunshine. It was gorgeous there and we were able to take the kids to the zoo and the aquarium, and Ninny and Papa met us there so we made some great memories. We swam in the heated pool, ate seafood, went on the carousel, walked on the pier under the sun - it was a little piece of heaven. My favorite memory of the trip is something Ella said at the zoo. We were looking at the orangutan exhibit, and on a side note, I think they are one of the most disturbing looking creatures God ever made. We were trying to point them out to Ella, which was difficult because they had covered themselves in hay. All of the sudden she says excitedly "oh look, that one's reading a book!!!!" It was actually one of the staff members taking notes on a clip board. Todd and I haven't laughed that hard since. . . well, since the last time Ella talked. I just hope that poor lady didn't hear her, if there were one animal I wouldn't want to be mistaken for, it's an orangutan.
2 comments:
YeeHawwww! I went to your site twice in a row so I could be your 1000 visitor!!!! Do I get a prize?!?!
Ella is hilarious. That's all I can say.
Steph
The funniest thing EVER! Too cute and so glad you had fun. Call us next time you head this way!
Post a Comment