6.23.2008

Don't Be A Chicken

At bedtime, Todd creates the greatest stories for Ella. She decides what theme she would like the story to have, and also what characters will be in it. She often asks for stories about dinosaurs and Olivia, "nice dinosaurs though." Well, the other night she woke up from a bad dream and wanted us to tuck her back into bed. Todd asked what she dreamt about, and she said that she was showing Dawson a dinosaur, and then a bad dinosaur with teeth came. She went on to explain that there was also a frightening chicken in this dream. Todd and I tried to keep our composure and compassionately pryed for more information. "You mean like the animal, a chicken with feathers?" She said "no, it looked like the chicken you made for dinner last night!" So our composure went right out the window with a burst of laughter. I just can't imagine having a nightmare about a raw chicken. But as I was making one for dinner the other night, I began to see it in a different light - to be honest, they are kinda scary. Bald, white, sorta slimy - a headless chicken walking on it's drumsticks, hot wings flailing about. Man, now I'm going to have nightmares.

No comments: